Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z3200
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I'm using HP Everyday Pigment Gloss paper for the calibration. I can't find anything in the repair manual or through online search that indicates I have to use a particular class of paper. 

Any ideas?  Thanks. IMG_3448.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello,

You can load manually the OMS ICC profile from our website using EWS ,

The URL: https://hp.globalbmg.com/en/printer-profiles

how to install profile : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jEKE2Fdsss

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Ouccema, thanks.

I don't understand what loading a new profile for the paper will do. There's already a profile for the paper I'm using in the firmware. I'm using that profile. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

in this case, we recommend to perform :

-Paper advance calibration

-if failed share with me the service plot to analyze system error and calibration details.

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks, but I'm afraid you're missing the point entirely. I can't perform a paper advanced calibration through the service menu. When I try, I get the error I described in my first post in this thread.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you share the entire service plot?

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

You must order the Paper Advance Calibration Kit per HP's service manual:

In order to perform the Paper Advance Calibration, you must order the Z2100/Z3100/Z3100ps Paper Advance Calibration Kit, which contains two sheets of HP Universal Instant-Dry Photo Gloss paper. 24 inch Q6675-60103 44 inchQ6677-60030

Applies to both Z3100 and Z3200

HP Recommended

Okay. I'll try that. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Hello Semaphore,

Thanks for your advice, I have statements

if the plotter can load coated paper or another media no need to perform the calibration

meantime I would like to investigate the service plot to understand the issue.

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

First. Why reason you need to do an advance calibration?

Before this, you must to do a  test sensor and electronic module by service menu. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.