cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Z9 exhibits banding only in Pantone emulation

HP Recommended
Designjet Z9+
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! 

Apologies if this is a worn-out subject, but searching was of no help to me.   My Z9 has severe color banding when the "HP Professional PANTONE emulation" box is checked, in the 'Color' tab of the  Z9 Printing Preferences.   To be clear, this is not the  type of banding caused by a clogged inkjet head.  The bands are wide and very consistent, occurring at 14.3mm intervals.  The banding is more pronounced on light colors, but occurs on all colors.   

When I am not using Pantone emulation the colors might have a bit of banding, but it is not nearly as bad.  I'd use this all the time, but some colors, especially lighter ones, are much different shades than when the image is printed using Pantone emulation.  

Another factor might be that we do spot color only, with no shading and no transparency.

Can anyone help me solve this issue and achieve nice, smooth Pantone colors?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 1
Level 1
9 8 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Could you provide more details, such as the media type you are using, and how you are loading it into the printer. Also, a picture of the banding you are seeing would help. Please place a ruler next to the banding area, so that we can estimate its size.

thanks,

Martí

I am a HP Employee
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation