Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet 5500 42" dye
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, i have a project for an outside shop window , i am going to use colourfast matt vinyl i have a dye ink system and i know uv is best for outside, so i did a test print on some random image i found on the web, it has a lot of black in the image and after a few days outside these are the results, is there any setting to stop this at all?20190607_132711.jpgvader green.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you don't want to use another technology (uv or latex printing), try to laminate it with UV overlaminate...and again check results...may be it wil slow down the fading process...

HP Recommended

hi, thanks for your reply, surely though it shouldnt turn like that after 2 days outside should it?

HP Recommended

Yeah, but these inks are for indoor in the shadow and lights only 🙂 the sun is destroying it fast...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.