Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
designjet 510
Microsoft Windows XP
Has error 02:10 after replaced the belt and it showing black print head need to replace, it has new print head with new date .
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

02:10 Problem Description:  

Carriage failure. The possible cause could be:

1. The Carriage PCA is not compatible with the rest of the Printer.

2. The Carriage ASIC has problems initializing.

3. The +2.5V reference voltage generated in the Carriage PCA is out of range.

4. One of the Carriage ASIC’s cannot be found within the Serial Bus that connects the Electronics Module to the Carriage.

5. One of the Carriage ASIC’s did not respond to the Serial Bus that connects the Electronics Module to the Carriage Assembly.

Corrective Action: Replace the Carriage Assembly.

Since you say you are getting a replace black printhead message which does not make sense since the error should not allow for other messages, I would remove all printheads and turn on the plotter and see if it comes to asking for printheads. If it does I would put in the heads and if the message now comes up, I would think one of the heads has an electrcal problem and is shorting out the carriage electronics and I would replace first the black printhead and work on from there.

HP Recommended
1- I have removed the printheads.
2- I have turned on the printer, it asked for printheads.
3_ I have put the printheads back.
4- start checking, and go for preparing for printheads replacing.
When I restart the plotter it show ready for printing
But when I try to make colour Chek it cancel it self ,it give message for black print head replace
HP Recommended

Just because the printhead is new does not mean it is good. Try another printhead. Also clean the contacts on the flex connector in the carriage assembly that mate with the contacts on the back side of the printhead. Also clean the contacts on the printhead if the contacts on the flex connector were very dirty since it transfers ink to the contacts on the printhead.

HP Recommended
Thanks the printheads has installed successfully , but I got this error code 79:04
HP Recommended

System Error: 79:04
Problem
Description:
Firmware Error.
Corrective Action: Try the following:
􀂄 Switch the Printer Off and wait a few minutes. Switch the Printer On again and check if the Error Code has disappeared.
􀂄 If the Error Code reappears, check for a new Firmware release.

HP Recommended
It reappears asking for black printhead replace
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.