Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

hi. hp designjet z 6100 ,  error 61:01 wrong file format , someone can help ?please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Is this a Z6100PS model or non-PS?

What is the file format you're trying to print?

What program are you creating the file with?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Is this a Z6100PS model or non-PS?

What is the file format you're trying to print?

What program are you creating the file with?

HP Recommended

yes it is z6100 ps. file format jpg pdf, adobe  photoshop cs3

HP Recommended

thank you

HP Recommended

Have you checked the graphic language setting on the front panel?    The only time I've gotten that error message is when I had that setting incorrect.  I believe you have to have the settings for PS (Post Script) to print those type of files.

Do you have a user manual?  They're available on line by googling "Designjet 6100 User Manual".  Or "Designjet 6100 Service Manual".  It will explain how to check to see what language the printers is set for.

Also, what are you using for computer?  Mac or PC?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.