32 17 2 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

paper cutter

designjet 5500ps
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have a designjet 5500ps unit . With power of and printhead cleaners pulled forward I moved the cariage manualy to the left . There is a type of "leaver" that is on the end of the paper cutter that clicked out. I then pushed ont the "leaver in the oppisite direction and it clicked back in place. Please let me know what this leaver does and have I damaged the cariage in any way .  I am trying to attace a photo to show what I am refering to . Thanks for any help !

Bobby17Identify.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 13
7,140 7,121 556 994
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

paper cutter

No harm no foul. What that lever does is lower the cutter blade. When the plotter goes to cut the paper the carriage moves to the left and finds the exact postion where there is another piece when in the exact position pulls that lever to the left and lowers the cutter blade and the carriage moves back to the right to cut the paper and then the carriage moves to the left where it hits the tensioner block to force that piece back into position and lifts the cutter blade back up. All you did was pull the lever so the cutter blade dropped down and when you pushed it back in the blade rose back to the correct position. 

Bobby17
Level 3
32 17 2 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

paper cutter

davidzuts

Thank you for the quick reply to my question.

I was worred i had done some harm and was hesitant about powering up the plotter that would result in more damage

Bobby17

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation