03-20-2017 01:53 AM
We have a Z6200 at work and Designjet Click is fantastic for every day office usage, but the Pantone colors are off.
PDF>DesignJet Click - Pantone Color will not match
PDF>Embedded PS webserver - Pantone colors will match
Validation - both signs were compared to a real Pantone swatch
I am wondering the following:
1. how does Click handle Pantone colors?
2. how does Click handle aRGB and sRGB photos?
3. What are the default rendering intents?
03-22-2017 10:25 AM
You are right: DesignJet Click does not perform advanced color management. This means everything is treated as sRGB (which has no rendering intents).
Embedded web server, and the PostScript driver, -on the contrary- can handle all the advanced color management features you need: Pantone spot colors, dealing with embedded ICC profiles (not only AdobeRGB), and rendering intents.
The default rendering intent in your DesignJet printer is Perceptual, but you can manually change it in the printer's front panel, under Settings -> Printing preferences -> Color.
I hope this helps.
03-22-2017 10:27 AM
You can find the PostScript driver for your printer here:
- HP Designjet Printers Supported in OS X v10.11 El Capitan, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, and OS X v10.7 Lion
- HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series - Connect a computer to the printer by network (Windows)
- HP Designjet T2300, T3500, and T2500 eMFP Printer Series - Create a Scan-to-Network Folder
- HP Designjet T-Series Printers - System Error 86:01 and System Error 42:10
- HP Designjet Z6100 Printer Series - Order ink supplies