Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone. We have HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF with Windows 10 X64 Professionnal. Users do not have administrator privileges and every 2 minutes they are getting harassed by this error:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\22094SynapticsIncorporate.AudioControls_1.3.61.0_x64__qt57b6kdvhcfw\CxUIUExe.exe

The specified user does not have a valid profile.

If I check the logs I can see those error every 2 minutes:

0x800704E5: Cannot create the process for package 22094SynapticsIncorporate.AudioControls_1.3.61.0_x64__qt57b6kdvhcfw because an error was encountered while configuring runtime. [LaunchProcess]

I think this is happening because the user doesn't not have rights to open the .exe file. We found a temporary solution to just take the folder "22094SynapticsIncorporate.AudioControls_1.3.61.0_x64__qt57b6kdvhcfw" and drop it in C:\Users\"user profil"

BUT sometime when the user disconnect from his session and reconnect again the message still came back even if the folder is still in the user profil.

Did someone has this issue in the pass or can help me ? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Right! possibly some progress....

After looking at the process tree the error looks like:

CxAudioSvc.exe

--> MicTray64.exe

--> UwpLauncher.exe

------> CxUIUExe.exe

After looking in the device manager I can see the driver for Synaptics HD Audio, Removing this driver makes no difference. What I found is that there are 3 services (Connexant - Which is now Synaptics) running. I have disabled those services and now the user isnt getting the prompt and the audio is still working 😕 While this is progress im unsure as to what those services are doing however I will do a little "Google" research and find out... for now though Im counting this as a fix unless another issue arises later 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

We are in the exact same situation and I have been investigating it for a few weeks now. This is becoming a real pain and has made me dubious about ordering more of these units.

HP Recommended

After running this in process explorer and monitoring it I can see it repeatedly retry and end with Exit Status 5 (Which is access denied.... Which we already knew).

It fails after IRP_MJ_QUERY_INFORMATION C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll

Im struggling to fully pinpoint exactly which driver this is relating too also as I can find nothing in the registry, nothing in driver details which seems to connect it to a particular driver. I have removed the audio drivers and tried to remove the panel from the modern apps list....

HP Recommended

Right! possibly some progress....

After looking at the process tree the error looks like:

CxAudioSvc.exe

--> MicTray64.exe

--> UwpLauncher.exe

------> CxUIUExe.exe

After looking in the device manager I can see the driver for Synaptics HD Audio, Removing this driver makes no difference. What I found is that there are 3 services (Connexant - Which is now Synaptics) running. I have disabled those services and now the user isnt getting the prompt and the audio is still working 😕 While this is progress im unsure as to what those services are doing however I will do a little "Google" research and find out... for now though Im counting this as a fix unless another issue arises later 🙂

HP Recommended

Sorry... Just in case you need the service names they are:

CxAudioSvc

CxUIUSvc Service

CxUtilSvc

Hope this helps out 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello GAMeBOY.

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately the problem is SO intermittent I cannot100% confirm your solution fix the issue, but at the moment I'm giving to your posted a "accept as a solution" because it's making sense and i'm pretty sure it fix the issue.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hello

Unfortunately the fix with disabling the services is not working. Is it possible to remove folder with problematic files or to change their ownership ?

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.