Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All...

Quick question.

My desktop crashed and was unable to restart. It could not fix is self. I eventualy managed to retreive a previous version and allowed it to restart.

Since then, my speaker icon has a red cross and I find that I have a message telling me that my Audio Device is not plugged in.

Ive seen a number of comments on the next about this and it seems that I need to reinstall my drivers.

Ive done this via the Official HP website. I reloaded them, shut my system down and restarted it, but I still get the

red cross on my speaker icon. I plugged in a set of headphones into the headphone socket but got NO sounds either.

When I go into Device Manager and look at my Sound,video and games controllers directory, it shows up as:

"This device is working properly."

Could this imply that there is something else wrong and that I may not get my sound back again?

Any help appreciated ...

Many thanks

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Andy:

There are no W10 drivers for that model series.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try this W10 IDT audio driver and hope that it restores the sound.

Restart the PC after installing this driver.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi, Andy:

There are no W10 drivers for that model series.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try this W10 IDT audio driver and hope that it restores the sound.

Restart the PC after installing this driver.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul.. am in the process of running that file.

Its asking me to restart my computer, but, I have noticed the red cross has gone from speaker icon and my beautiful, lovely, very nice, hardworking, never shouted at, desktop just beeped at me 🙂 

Will restart and see .... looks like a VERY BIG thanks is in order...

Andy

HP Recommended

Paul

MANY THANKS ... for the first time in 3 weeks I have music coming out of my desktop ... I owe you ..

Andy

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Andy.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.