Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1534
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an older Pavilion p7-1534 that started its life on Windows 8, was refurbished with Windows 7, then updated to Windows 10. The processor has been changed out to an AMD A10-5800K and the Seagate hard Drive has been replaced with a Western Digital Hard Drive. To the best of my knowledge, the PC comes with IDT 92HD73E Integrated Audio. After updating the OS to 10, I realized that I had lost my Beats Audio Controls with the update. In an attempt to restore them, I uninstalled the driver. Now, I can't get  the driver to re-install correctly at all. When attempting to bring the driver back with Snappy Driver, the re-installation always fails and spits back this error code "E0000246". I have also tried numerous times to pull the driver through Device Manager and the driver fails every time claiming that one of the installers can not perform the installation at this time. Hopefully someone can help me straighten the dumb thing out, I miss having sound. Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work.

There is only one other thing I can think of that you can try to get the sound back.

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select  -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select  High Definition Audio Device (Not  IDT High Def...  this is important.) and click Next.

A warning message may appear,  but click Yes.

7. Windows has successfully update your driver software.

8. Restart the PC.

The key is step 6.

If that doesn't work either, I recommend you buy a cheap PCIe x1 audio card that has support for W10.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if installing this W10 IDT audio driver and restarting the PC, gets the sound to work again...

6.10.6504.0     July 03, 2015

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

I attempted to install the audio driver and it threw this back, still restarted the computer anyway, everything is still the same as it was.

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work.

There is only one other thing I can think of that you can try to get the sound back.

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select  -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select  High Definition Audio Device (Not  IDT High Def...  this is important.) and click Next.

A warning message may appear,  but click Yes.

7. Windows has successfully update your driver software.

8. Restart the PC.

The key is step 6.

If that doesn't work either, I recommend you buy a cheap PCIe x1 audio card that has support for W10.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, it didn't react well to that either, it looks like a stand-alone sound card is going to be my only way out on this one. Thanks for the help!

HP Recommended

Also, while I am thinking of it, would this board be able to just plug in on my motherboard and run on one of the rear expansion ports? Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EO6X4XG/ref=twister_B00GAW4TEU?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes that is exactly what you need.

Just make sure you have a free PCIe x1 slot on the motherboard you can plug the card into.

HP Recommended

Stand-Alone sound card arrived in the mail today and I installed it. My sound is back again. Thank You!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.