Did you mean: 
wigmo
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Audio Incomplete With Movies

HP Recommended
Pavilion Wave 600
Just got a refurbed HP Wave 600. Nice device. Audio sounds good when playing an MP3, but when playing a movie or watching Netflix I can’t hear anyone speaking. Music is there, but dialog is not. It’s almost like it’s trying to play surround sound audio with half the speakers unplugged.

I tried to use the Realtek audio equalizer to adjust the balance but that had minimal effect. I also tried testing the speakers in the audio properties, which had a test for the left and right channels that were both successful. Is there another setting I am missing?
9 REPLIES 9
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 662
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @wigmo

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that you can only the background music while watching videos.

Are you facing this issue in a particular player or all the player?

Try the below mentioned step.

Please update the flash player.

Please try to stream the video on a different browser.

Hope this helps!

If the issue persists, please update the BIOS using the following link: http://hp.care/2qKkzWv

Updating the BIOS, also known as "flashing the BIOS," replaces the BIOS firmware. When completed successfully, a BIOS update can fix or enhance aspects of a computer's performance, or provide support for newly installed hardware. However, if an incorrect update is installed or if the update process is interrupted, the motherboard can be permanently damaged, leaving the computer unable to boot. It is recommended to update your BIOS only if one or more of the following conditions apply:

• The update fixes a problem with your computer.

• The update enhances your computer's performance in the desired way.

• You are planning to change the operating system, processor, or other feature(s), and the current BIOS version will not support the new configuration.

• An HP Support Agent, or an HP support document, recommends that you download and install a specific updated BIOS.

Keep me posted, how it goes:)

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
wigmo
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. This suggestion doesn't apply here.  This happens with the native Netflix app, and also mpeg videos that are played locally through the TV and Movies app.   Neither of these have a flash player to manually update.

0 Kudos
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 662
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @wigmo

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 
I appreciate your time and efforts.

Have you tried with the different audio cable?

please have double check if the audio cable is seated properly

please reinstall the audio drivers Using the following link: http://bit.ly/2ir5Mup

Keep me posted.
If the information I've provided was helpful.
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons.
That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
wigmo
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no audio cable.  This occurs when using the internal speaker built into the HP Wave 600.  I am able to hear audio as expected through HDMI and an external speaker.

0 Kudos
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,018 21,005 1,276 1,303
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Raj1788

Thanks for the update.

Have you tried updating the Bios and Audio Driver as suggested in the previous post?

If you haven't please update the Bios and Audio driver from here http://bit.ly/2ir5Mup

If the issue persists, try running the Audio Diagnostic ( If it's available on your Model )

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click Component test, then select Audio.

Keep me posted.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
wigmo
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have installed the latest audio drivers and bios for this model.  I still have the same issue.  At this point I am assuming the speaker is the issue and that it wasn't properly refurbished by HP.  I'll go through my limited warranty documents to see about getting this repaired.

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,967
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@wigmo

It looks like you were interacting with @KrazyToad, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

Sometime the BIOS update doesn't do the trick but that's why my colleague had suggested a hardware test on the audio card, however, you seem to have missed out on that little detail and I would request you to perform the test to identify the issue.

If the tests pass, it would confirm a software malfunction and I recommend you disable the loudness equalizer under playback devices of your audio card (Right-Click on the sound icon and select playback devices, followed by selecting properties), if the issue only persists on online content, reinstall the adobe flash player & retry Netflix or YouTube videos to check if the sound is better.

However, if the tests fail, you would be right in Contacting the HP Support to get the device either repaired/replaced accordingly,

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
wigmo
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So after all of this I found a checkbox to "enable virtual 7.1 audio" which I checked off, and corrected fixed the issue.  This seems like something that should be understood for this model, so is there a way to add this to an FAQ for the device so future people don't have to struggle with this issue?  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,967
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@wigmo

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern and I'll inform the concerned team to have it included in the FAQs (Thanks)

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation