Chrono24
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Audio Jack not Working after Win10 1709 update

HP Recommended
HP Pavilio G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did the Windows 10 Version 1709.  The speaker works but when I connect my headset I dont hear anything.  I have a HP Pavilion G6 that worked fine until this update.  I rebooted several times and still have no sound.  I'm pretty sure that my headset is working.  Is there something I'm missing that I should do to enable audio again?  

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,532
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Chrono24

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion g6 series laptop. I read that after upgrading Windows 10 Version 1709, there is no sound from the headphones. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. I'll be glad to assist you further.

The evidence clearly points towards a drivers issue because this happened right after the update. 

What is the exact laptop model no? This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Let us check if the Headphones are enabled as a playback device. To do this, please see the steps below: 

• Type Sound in the Start Search Box. 

• Select Change Sound Card Settings in the Start Menu Options. 

• Next, under the Playback Tab, right click and select Show Hidden Devices and Show Disconnected    Devices if available. 

• Select Headphones and enable 

To Increase the volume on your headphone: 

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area. 

• Click Open Volume Mixer and increase the volume for Headphones. 

If there is still no audio from the headphones then please perform the steps as described in detail form this HP document. NOTE: Though the document is for Win8, it will work for Win10 too.

Secondly, it is a good idea to download and run the HP Support Assistant tool. This tool will download and install the most compatible drivers for your laptop. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation