Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP dv6-7134nr Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had no audio on a TV connected by HDMI.  I probably uninstalled an audio driver that I shouldn't have and now the Troubleshooter shows 'Audio services not responding' message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Paul. 

Both installations you supplied caused the message 'The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package.  THe install will be aborted.'

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Intel HD audio device controls the sound out of the HDMI port.

You should be seeing two audio devices under the sound, video and game controllers device manager category.

An IDT HD audio device and an Intel HD audio device.

Tell me what you see there.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

There is CyberLink Web Cam Virtual Driver

and Intel (R) Display Audio

I should be clear that the problem now is all audio, not just HDMI output.

Jim G.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Since the Intel HD audio device is present in the device manage, unfortunately, I wouldn't know why you get no sound out of the hdmi port.

The switch should be automatic.  If it isn't you should be able to go to the windows control panel, hardware and sound, sound, manage audio devices and select the Intel HD audio when you are connected via a HDMI cable.

Your notebook is not supported by HP for W10 and one of the major issues is that the onboard audio sometimes does not work on W10, because there is no W10 audio driver.

The only suggestions I can offer are these...

1.   Download and install the W8 IDT audio driver from your notebook's support page and restart the PC.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59654.exe

If that doesn't get the onboard sound to work, try this W10 IDT HD audio driver from a different model notebook and restart the PC.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul. 

Both installations you supplied caused the message 'The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package.  THe install will be aborted.'

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I did the following just now:

a. connected a TV to the HP notebook via HDMI

b. started a youtube video

c. In Device Manager I right clicked the Sound,  video & games controller to scan for hardware changes

Something happened very quickly and then TV sound was working, but Device Manager still show only the 2 items that I mentioned before.

The problems seems solved.

Thanks for your help.

Jim G.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.