Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 27 PC 27-cb0000a (3B5K5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

For the HP All-in-One 27" PC. When I'm on YouTube's homepage for example (this also applies to other websites) with my headphones plugged in, I notice that when I don't do anything for 5-8 seconds my audio sound goes silent, and then when I click on a video the audio sound comes back ONLY after 5 seconds of the video already playing. Which means 5 seconds of no audio sound every single time I watch a video. After those 5 seconds the audio sound resumes as normal. Is this normal at all for HP All-in-One desktops? It just doesn't seem right.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

hi

No, that doesn't seem normal!
I encountered a problem of this type with firefox, but there from memory, I had to close and open firefox again, for the sound to return
no audio problem, with anything else, audio player, games etc, for what I have been able to test
This has only happened to me since upgrading to windows 11, but I can't tell if it's related..
But I haven't tried with another browser, to check, try..

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Is there a way to help resolve this issue? Would like some answers

HP Recommended

have you tried with a different browser?
no problem, or also with other audio sources?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Haven't tried on other browsers. I've only tired on Chrome.

HP Recommended

And no I've only been using a headphone plugged into the audio port. 

HP Recommended

"no problem, or also with other audio sources?"

no I mean with an mp3 file for example, an audio cd if you have a cd player etc

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Do you use an HDMI cable to hook up to your monitor? If you do, this stupid easy fix worked for me. After doing some research, I found the delay is caused by silence kicking in some sort of idle mode in the HDMI cable and then it takes a few seconds to reconnect. So, using this information, I decided to try an experiment. Since I don't use Windows media player(I use Winamp for music, and VLC for videos), I opened WMP, loaded a random song, put it on repeat, lowered the volume on WMP( or honestly whatever program you choose to use to fool the HDMI into thinking there is continuous sound being transmitted) Also, do not mute the program, just lower the volume all the way, and I just keep it running in the background like that, haven't had a sound delay since 🤘👍

HP Recommended

hi

god catch @Cuda2183  but

HP All-in-One 27 PC 27-cb0000a (3B5K5AV)

unless the user forgot to say that he had a second monitor, it's an all in one, integrated screen!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.