Did you mean: 
kbierlein
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Audio and Video out of sync

HP Recommended
HP 15-ay041wm

I bought this computer a few months ago, and as soon as I was on it for a while I noticed that the audio slowly becomes out of sync with videos when I watch them.  The longer I watch a video for the worse the problem gets, and if I pause the video for a bit they will be in sync again when I press play but then slowly start to become out of sync again. It stopped for a few weeks after I left my computer at home and came back from vacation but has slowly started to happen more and more frequently again and isn't helped by restarting or shutting down the computer. The problem happens with both chrome and internet explorer and still happens when all of my chrome extensions are disabled, so I don't think it has anything with chrome or my extensions. I'm beginning to get really frustrated with it because I often have to watch videos for my classes and it really throws me off when nothing is in sync.

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,944 2,571
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kbierlein,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues with the audio video sync on your computer.

I’d love to help!

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the bios and the chipset driver from the below link and test.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

If the issue persists, I recommend you try using a different browser and check. Also, make sure that the browser you are using is up to date.

If you are using google chrome browser follow below steps.

Step 1: Go to Chrome Plugin Settings

In the address bar type "chrome://plugins" without quotes.

Click on the "+" beside Details, this will show all components of each plugin.

Step 2: Disable PPAPI

Locate "Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)" under the Adobe Flash Player plugin. Click the Disable link.

Close your browser, and re open it.

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation