Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

It says no audio output device is installed and it haves no speaker set up Idk what to do 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Josepht21

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that your experiencing issue with Audio,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Let's try this steps:

Step 1: Run the sound problems troubleshooter

Automatically identify and fix audio errors with the Windows sound troubleshooting tool.

1. Right-click the notification area speaker icon , and then select Troubleshoot sound problems.

2. Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next to start the troubleshooter.

3. If a recommended action displays, select Apply this fix, and then test for sound.

Step 2: Check device and driver status in Device Manager

An outdated audio driver can cause sound errors and issues. Use Device Manager to check if the audio device is disabled, and then install an available driver update.

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.

3. Right-click the audio device, and then select Update Driver.

4. Click Search automatically for updated driver software to check for and install a driver.

Search automatically for updated driver software in Device Manager

• If an updated driver installs, restart the computer if prompted, and then test for sound.

• If an updated driver is not available, continue to the next step to reinstall the existing driver.

5. Right-click the audio device again, and then select Uninstall to open the Uninstall Device window.

Uninstall the audio driver

6. Select Delete the driver software for this device, and then click Uninstall.

Select Delete the driver software for this device

7. In the top menu bar, click Action, and then select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device.

8. Test for sound.

• If there is no sound, right-click the Sound icon in the notification area, select Playback devices, and then reconnect your audio device if it is not listed. Once listed, click the device name, click the Sounds tab, select a sound, and then click Test.

• If the device is not listed in Playback devices, restart the computer, and then check if the device displays in the list.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.