blake4455
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Audio driver problem

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion P7-1414 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, long story short I had to reset my computer to brand new because it was running a bit slow and I had multiple files that I needed to delete. I had reset through the settings, nothing went wrong until I was able to get into Windows.

My volume button on the bottom right had a red X saying, "no audio output device is installed". I looked everywhere for answers, I even went through all the steps of the virtual assistant but nothing.

The closest I've gotten was going to device manager, then installing an audio driver manually by selecting from a list. That brought my audio back, but now it only works on my right side.

I know it's not a speaker defect because when an aux is plugged directly to the speakers, both sides work fine. This also happens when headphones are plugged in so I'm guessing it's the audio driver. Any help?

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,576 90,453 11,634 24,931
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@blake4455

No Windows 10 drivers for your machine

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-p7-1400-desktop-pc-series/5295962/model...

Please try

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe 

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
blake4455
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I clicked the second link and I get a,

Not Found

The requested URL /pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe  was not found on this server.

0 Kudos
blake4455
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So I guess there's nothing I can do?...

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation