Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-k0019na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi

I recently connected my blu ray player and when there is any type of music or score in a film I get terrible interference and buzzing to the point where the film is unwatchable. I've tried adjusting the levels in the equalizer but it has no affect on the blu ray audio just the computer. Also I have the volume down to the lowest possible and still get the buzzing. Does anyone know how I can resolve this? My HDMI cable is 2160P HI-Speed. I watch a lot of films so was hoping I could have everything all in one with no problems. Any help would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@moviegirl84 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that Audio issues watching blu rays.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi 

Many thanks for the reply. I spent all morning doing updates and it has had no affect o the blu ray audio whatsoever. I'm very disappointed paying so much for an all in one and I can't even play a blu ray because the audio is so shockingly bad. It seems you can only adjust the individual audio levels on the actual PC and the hdmi/blu ray is just set to one default and that's it. Even at the lowest audio level I still get that awful interference. The only time I don't get it when people are talking but as soon as there is score/music the speakers make the worst noise

HP Recommended

@moviegirl84

I understand your concerns.

Check the settings of HDMI Audio Output in System Settings.

• When HDMI Audio Output is set to HDMI2, check the connection of the HDMI OUT 2 jack on the Blu-ray Disc player and make sure that the connected device is turned on.
  • To output sound from a TV, connect the TV to the HDMI OUT 1 jack of the Blu-ray Disc player and change the HDMI Audio Output setting to Auto or HDMI1.

NOTE:

• The HDMI OUT 2 jack on the Blu-ray Disc player outputs audio only. When you want to output both video and audio from the device that is connected to the Blu-ray Disc player, connect the device to the HDMI OUT 1 jack on the Blu-day Disc player.

Please uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers and update the BIOS.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.