Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0024
Microsoft Windows 11

I have the OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0024. The audio is not working and I have tried absolutely everything it feels. I have chatted with the Microsoft assistant and they said that we need to download the audio driver for my PC, but it was not listed on the HP website. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @HumbleHitman,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing audio issues with your HP Omen. Audio problems can be frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue. Here are some suggestions.

• Check the volume settings: Ensure that the volume on your computer is turned up and not muted. Look for the speaker icon in the taskbar and adjust the volume accordingly.
  • Test different audio sources: Try playing audio from different sources, such as online videos, local media files, or music streaming services. This will help determine if the issue is specific to a particular application or affecting all audio on your computer.
  • Update audio drivers: Outdated or incompatible audio drivers can cause audio problems. Visit the HP support website and search for your specific HP Omen model to find and download the latest audio drivers. Install them and restart your computer to see if it resolves the issue.
  • Check audio settings: Right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar and select "Open Sound settings" or "Playback devices" to access the audio settings. Ensure that the correct audio output device is selected. You can also try changing the default audio format to see if it makes a difference.
  • Run the Windows troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in audio troubleshooter that can help identify and fix common audio problems. To access it, right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar, select "Troubleshoot sound problems," and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Check physical connections: Ensure that your speakers or headphones are properly connected to the correct audio port on your HP Omen. If you're using external speakers, check their power and connection cables as well.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.