Benny-Boo
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Audio jack not recognising headphones

HP Recommended
Phoenix Envy [Model: 810-215a]
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a Phoenix Envy [Model: 810-215a] desktop pc and it is not recognising my headphones when they are placed in the audio jack at the top of the pc tower. I have checked the USB slots next to the audio jack and they are functioning correctly. My drivers are up to date and I have tried enabling and disabling from the windows audio control panel.  I'm also using beats audio software amd windpws 8.1, if that helps. You would be an absolute legend if you can solve this problem. 

-Regards

Benny-Boo

1 REPLY 1
Benny-Boo
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If anyone from HP support makes it to this blog, I found a general solution that isn't 100% effective but works on occasion. I turned the PC off from the wall (after shut down) and pressed the PC power button (Whilst inactive at the wall) 5 times holding it in for about 1/2 second each press. I don't know why this works and would be super keen on learning why this works so that I can develope a way around it. That being said occasionally it disconnects again and I have to repeat the process. Can someone at HP please consider figuring out the cause(s) and the reason(s) behind it, I've noticed so many people are problems with the audio jack and your 8 step solution solves about 1/3 of them. Granted a third is better than nothing and it's great that you've made some headway into this type of problem but I don't want to continue relying on third party users to fix my problem when HP should be working on solving this frequent dilema. Thank you, Regards, Benny-Boo.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation