Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-09-2020 07:13 AM
Since yesterday i have suddenly have a problem with the sound of my computer. It doesn't work anymore.
I have power on my speakers and didn't do anything with my hardware connections. The green light is burning.
I have a HP 290 desktop, Windows 10. I checked the driving card of the audio and can't find a problem.
The sound doesn't work, but i have power on the audio system.
Does somebody know what the problem is?
05-17-2020 02:29 PM
@Frans1956 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are facing issues with audio.
I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...
HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also ensure Windows is up to date
Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community