Did you mean: 
robinsoj
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Audio trouble

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-n170qe CTO (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I'm having problems with audio on my desktop computer. At times the audio will speed up or sound very slow and other times it will go from sounding normal to sound distorted. I also notice when I watch a movie on Netflix the audio will start fine and a few minutes later I get lip flap, the audio doesn't sync with the video and I hear the person in the video right after their lips stop moving. At first, I thought it was the external stereo speakers. I unplugged the speakers and the audio problems are still there. What can I do to fix this? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,059 21,046 1,279 1,303
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@robinsoj

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you are facing Audio issues with your HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27

I'll try my best to help

May I know since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you reinstall the Audio driver

- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- In the list of devices, look for Audio Input & Output and expand the list
- Right-click the driver and select uninstall
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the driver.
- Restart your computer 

You can also perform a System Restore to an earlier date before this issue started

- Select the Start button, type control panel and then choose it from the list of results.
- Search Control Panel for Recovery.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If the issue persists after the Restore, please run an Audio Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Audio

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation