RonPM
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Background noise on burned CDs

HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I play a CD burned on my HP Pavilion there is a low crinkly sound.  Sometimes the original CD also plays that way on my HP but not always.  The original plays okay elsewhere (like in the car) but the burned CDs have the background "crinkle" on other players too.  DO I need to buy and new CD/DVR gizmo and if so, will I be able to intstall it myself?  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
3,546 3,504 383 1,533
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, it should be doable, but if your drive can read and write CDs / DVDs, you may not need to replace it!
did you check if it is clean at least
The easiest way is to buy a usb dvd player

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
RonPM
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ipened the back up and used a can of air to blow out some dust but otherside don't know how to clean it.  My research says the CDs that are cleaners are not very effective.  Thanks for the USB CD/DVD drive idea.

0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
3,546 3,504 383 1,533
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

😉

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation