cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
RoelantN
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Bad sound after update latest Conexant update

HP Recommended
HP 600 G3 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed the suggested update in de HP Support Assistant for the Conexant HD Audio. After this the sound was terrible; no bass, just high tones.  

I've Bose Companon 20 speakers, so that's not the problem.

How can I fix this problem?

Roelant

4 REPLIES 4
ND_EdTech
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've had audio issues since I got this 800 G3 in January.  Today I selected the Conexant audio device, Update Driver, then chose the option to select a driver already on my machine.  Then I chose the Windows HD audio driver instead of the Conexant.  It gave me a compatibility warning, but I moved past that.  Rebooted to perfect sound.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
RoelantN
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion!

I've installed the common windows driver and the sound was perfect again!

It's a strange solution, but it works!

Roelant

DHBL
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I spent all day trying to troubleshoot this. I changed the driver to "High Definition Audio Device" and WOW! My new HiVi speakers sound good!

Thanks for posting!

Alyns
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I hate Conexant and Windows. 

Same problem here with z book, Conexant has makes a noise when I play music it makes me mad ... I can change it .. i I can't find the Windows HD driver u guys talk about...

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation