Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen Laptop- 17 - cb1002nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. Again i'm having a bad experience with the laptop speakers... even if Mr. Banhien send me this audio driver, i did what he instructed me. https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112001-112500/sp112292.exe

But still the sound will lower and redirect to the right speaker more..... it's very annoying this thing. 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Julian78 --  i bought this device about few days ago 

Did you buy the whole computer a few days ago, or just some external speakers?

There is a possibility that whatever you purchased is "defective", and needs to be replaced, under its warranty.

For external speakers, do you get the same results when connecting the speakers to a different computer (or audio-out socket on your smart-phone) ?

HP Recommended

it's a laptop, it's not defective, it's all about the audio driver defect...

HP Recommended

@Julian78 -- it's a laptop, it's not defective, it's all about the audio driver defect...

Have you tried a different set of speakers? If everything works fine, the original speakers are the problem.

If the problem still exists, then your original speakers are OK, implying that the problem is either in the device-driver, or in the audio-output circuitry on the laptop's motherboard.

Does your laptop have HDMI output? If so, the HDMI cable carries both audio & video to a HDMI-capable TV.

Do the symptoms continue when the TV's internal speakers are receiving and playing the audio-output (from different circuitry on the laptop's motherboard ?

Test, document, and test some more.

HP Recommended

Apparently yes, this error occurs even on a set of external speaker and my headphones..

HP Recommended

@Julian78 -- this error occurs even on a set of external speaker and my headphones

It makes sense that the volume will decrease when only one speaker is producing sound.

The problem is either in the software that was recommended to you, or due to defective hardware.

I think that you have ruled-out the software as the cause of the problem.  What's left? Just the hardware.

If you use the "audio mixer" app, can you "pan" the sound (100% left with 0% right,  across to 0% left with 100% right) ?

HP Recommended

Let me ask you something, if you think that the hardware is defective, how can you explain that sometimes i can hear very good on both of the laptop speakers until one point, i don't know what's the trigger, the sound goes down (even if it's at 100%) and redirected to the right. 

It's something about the software i know for sure.... 

Yes i've tryed that audio mixer so that i could test when the speakers are okay and when are not. 

HP Recommended

@Julian78 -- if you think that the hardware is defective, how can you explain that sometimes i can hear very good on both of the laptop speakers until one point ...

That is a "defect", a "shortcoming", and an "imperfection".

It's something about the software i know for sure.... 

Also, you seem to be stating that the symptom is "intermittent". It's quite possible that when the interior of the laptop is cold, the HARDWARE audio circuitry works fine, but when the interior gets warmer, the defect becomes apparent.  This is not a SOFTWARE issue.

HP Recommended

Okay, that's for the laptop speakers, but what about the external speakers? why is the same problem occuring there?  

HP Recommended

Okay, that's for the laptop speakers, but what about the external speakers, why is the problem occuring there too? if it;s just a hardware malfunction that you say?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.