Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

as some owner of some HP desktop (Elite Slice G2) with Bang and Olufsen App, i struggle to permanently define the audio mode to "music".
There is some auto mode, which normally recognizes perfect profile for each use case, but its "meh", so i want to set it to music by own manual setting staticly.

The setting exists and does work, however after PC restart the audio profile ("Tonmodus")  resets to voice (manual, not auto), which I somehow want to prevent.
For sure music profile is way better than voice for my usage.

Is that a bug?
Is there some registry key i can tweak?
Some fix i can install?

Some clean and sober driver re-installation was already performed.
Thanks for help
Screenshot 2022-09-05 211003.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi

this one ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elite-slice-g2-audio-ready-with-zoom-rooms/27849665

it is mentioned in your windows 11 title, is this the system in place, did you install it yourself?
I ask because no w111 drivers here

not the same computer but it does not change much from one system to another
That said, I replaced it now, but it worked without modifying anything.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi,

i have the G2 with Intel Unite, model 4ZA56EA#xxx, so the one with the bigger audio module on top.
The device was initially Windows 10 but is now on Windows 11 (upgraded, no fresh install).
There are indeed no drivers for Windows 11, but the ones for Windows 10 still do work pretty good here and i would doubt that the behaviour in B&O app would be different if i would still run on Win10. There are may things which do work in Win11 different compared to Win11, but generally not stuff like this.
Thanks.

HP Recommended

as I said, when I had the control panel, if I selected the mode, it remained after reboot, whether with windows 10 or 11
I looked at the other models, and all the same drivers, it dates from 2021, which leaves me doubting for a next version..
As I can't test it, I currently have no idea, since you have already tried to reinstall it..
From memory, it never worked normally, did it?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for the response here, yea i doubt that there will be some update in near future, I am actually both surprised and happy that this one still gets some Bios updates.
Since this is no super big deal and issue, i can leave it that way for the time being, and maybe HP comes with some surprise somewhen.
Or maybe its just time for some fresh install of Windows overall, myself cant say how it was in past to be honest.
Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Oh an idea
have you tried to create another administrator user account, to check if the problem persists
I have already had other minor problems, but difficult to solve, and testing with a new account was a success, less tedious than a full recovery!
but it doesn't work all the time

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hi, 
i can give this suggestion about another account a try and post feedback once test finished.
Thanks so far.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.