cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David-69
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Bang & Olufsen Sound manager does not detect my LG ultrawide monitor as an audio device

HP Recommended
Hp 750-210ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bang & Olufsen Sound manager does not detect my LG ultrawide monitor as an audio device.  It is recognized as a playback device and can play audio but when I click on the listening expirence tab it says "please attach audio device".  I've tried with headphones and they are recognized and alow me to change equalizer settings but I simply have no options to change or edit anything that has to do with my monitors speakers regarding audio quality/eq settings through bang and olufsen sound manager.  Given the fact that these speakers are built into the monitor it would be greatly appreciated if I could change the eq settings.

5 REPLIES 5
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,953 42,193 4,643 12,405
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It certainly would help if you identified your specific display with model and part number instead of just describing it as an "LG ultrawide monitor".

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
David-69
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
LG 29UM68-P
0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What you will need to do is ensure that you are using the HDMI Audio device.

I recommend uninstalling the B&O Audio program through Programs & Feautures, restarting your PC and then reinstalling it.

You can reinstall it via the HP Recovery Manager application while logged into Windows. Use the Reinstall Drivers and Software section in the Recovery Manager.

Another member had a similar problem and reinstallation resolved his issue.

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
David-69
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bang &olufsen doesnt show up in programs and features, is there another name for it?

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is actually part of the audio driver, just as Beats audio was before it.

Try running an install of the audio driver and when asked which action to take, choose the uninstall action.

My HP product loan Spectre x360 13t Ultrabook has B&O audio.  There is a utility in the systray called HP Audio switch which should allow you to use the Windows Sound properties dialogue to select the HDMI output to your LG display. The HP Audio Switch has worked transparently for me. I have not had to make any manual change to the selected output.

Have you checked in the LD display's menu to see if there is a setting you need to change to allow it to accept the sound signal that is sent concurrently with  HDMI video?

I just finished a test with my product loan Spectre and had no problem connecting to the device. As soon as I connected the HDMI connector from the HDTV to the HDMI to USB Type-c adapter I could see the notebook's display and audio was switched to the Philips HDTV. See the following image for verification. I suspect the issue you are having may be with your LG TV. Uninstalling the audio driver, restarting your PC and then reinstalling the audio driver may resolve the issue.

BnO_audio.PNG

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation