Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 750-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new computer and decided to swap the HD with SSD. I did a clean Windows 10 install and started installing the drivers from HP website. However, I have not been able to find the Bang and Olufsen software that was there originally in the factory shipped version. 

Another issue is that I connect my monitor to the computer through HDMI because my monitor has inbuild speakers. Now, the speaker icon on the right bottom of taskbar shows no speakers are connected and so no sound comes from the monitor. It worked fine with the factory installed version of Windows 10. 

I have upgraded my sound drivers to Realtek drivers from HP website.

Also, my display does not turn off after the "Turn off Display after xx" setting. It does turn blank/black but does not turn off. Again, this was not an issue with the factory shipped version of Windows.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there @vrs1,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you replaced the original hard drive with a SSD and then performed a clean install of Windows 10. I am happy to help with this.

Did you make System Recovery discs from the original hard driver, prior to replacing it?

Have you left the original hard drive intact, or have you formatted or partitioned it?

If it is intact and  you did not already make System Recovery Discs, you could put the original drive back in the computer, and then make the recovery media from it.

Assuming that the factory operating system was Windows 10, then just perform a System Recovery to load the factory image to the SSD drive and you should be good. HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10)

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. I had tried to create recovery disk using HP recovery manager but it said the recovery partition did not have any data. Then I tried to create windows recovery media on an external HDD and when I tried to boot off this disk, it failed. So after installing new Windows 10 on SSD, I went to HP support website and downloaded all the drivers, installed and rebooted. This did not install all the required drivers (strange) and sound did not work on HDMI interface. 

However, after reinstalling the driver and rebooting, the issue got resolved. Can't say where the stuff went wrong initially but now, things are looking better.

HP Recommended

I had the same sort of problem with my 17" Envy laptop - The Bang and Olufsen software apparently was uninstalled by the last windows 10 update.  I have standard windows pc audio but the B&O audio is gone.  I contacted tech support after being unable to find the B&O audio driver.  They were clueless and said just reset your computer.  The problem is that this is a work computer and has a licensed software on it and a months worth of work done using MS Offivce Pro 2016.  To reset to factory build would take hours assuming I can redownload the installed software and days to reconstruct work files.  Moreover, this would accomplish nothing since the first thing that would happen would be for windows to update itself to the the second major update in a month and I'd be right back to where I am now. HP support was a worthless waste of time for me.  They seem to tell everyone just reset your computer because they are not trained to troubleshoot issues.

HP Recommended

You can safely ignore the suggestions as they are far from what you are looking for. 

Simply download and install the cab file from here: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Bang+%26+Olufsen

DO a simple Google search on how to install cab files. That's it. => BO app is available now. 

HP Recommended

Why not just tell the person to download the cab files which install the drivers along with the BO app? HP should trust someone with more knowledge to handle such questions .... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.