Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Based on the IDT File Version in Device Manager, you have the HP Win8 Driver. Let's try reinstalling it so it appears in the SWSetup Folder. Here's the download link - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59736.exe If it installs with or without errors, restart and see if Beats is at least in Hidden Icons. If not, see if SP59736 is under SWSetup. If it's there, find the 64-bit .inf File in the SP59736 Folder (mine was STWRT64.INF, 64 for 64-bit), possibly inside WDM sub-Folder. Look inside the most current OS under WDM (mine was Vista) and use that Path to attempt Legacy Hardware installation. Let me know which OS. If no WDM sub-Folder, use search to find the 64-bit .inf File inside the most recent OS sub-Folder or elsewhere. If not sure which .inf to use, Post what you find here. If certain which .inf to use, follow my original instructions above on 6/17 to reinstall IDT as "LEGACY" Hardware using the File Path to that 64-bit .inf File you just found. Modify step (2) on 6/17 as follows: Uninstall the IDT Driver in Device Manager, but do not restart. Here is step (3). In Device Manager, highlight the top entry above the Hardware list. Click Action, add legacy hardware, Next, select "install the hardware manually...", Next, select Sound..., Next, select IDT if there (if not ignore), click Have Disc, browse to the 64-bit .inf File you found, click open and follow the prompts. Ignore any error messages, including something like does not apply to your Hardware as was the case with mine above. Restart PC and hopefully Beats will at least be in Hidden Icons. If you can't get SP59736 under SWSetup, right-click SP59736.exe and select Troubleshoot Compatibility. Then Try Recommended Settings when offered. We still have more options. OUgrad - P.S. For future reference, If you ever use your Recovery Disc Set, contact Microsoft first to see how you can reinstall your Win10 Free Upgrade if that's what you did. I assume you will need your Win10 Free Upgrade License. You can also run Windows 7 which will be supported by Microsoft with Security Updates into early 2020.
HP Recommended

OUGrad,

Well, again, no joy!

Here's what I did and the results:

• I tried to install the driver you had me download in previous post and I got the same error I reported earlier.
  • Regardless, I restarted PC and Beats icon was not in System Tray's hidden icons
  • Neither SP59736 nor any sub directories other than SP files were under C:\SWSetup
  • I did a search for WDM in the Windows folder with the following results (4 screen shots)

I really do no know what is the correc INF file so I need some further help

Screenshot 10.jpgScreenshot 11.jpgScreenshot 12.jpgScreenshot 13.jpg

HP Recommended

OUGrad,

Two thoughts for your consideration:

• I use WebRoot anti-malware; could that affect what we're trying to do?
  • I have Iolo's System Mechanic installed.  Could that affect what we're trying to do?  Can I use it to do something?

Just some thoughts in my way to help you help me

HP Recommended
Thanks Al. I was about to suggest something similar, but more comprehensive. Let's try a Clean Boot as follows. Open msconfig (right-click Start, click Run, type msconfig, click OK), click the Services Tab, check box to hide all MS Services, uncheck every box, click Startup Tab and click Open Task Manager. Disable ALL Programs by selecting each individually. Close Task Manager, click Apply in msconfig, click OK and restart. Then try the above again. If no help, try running SP59736.exe as Administrator with Windows 8 Compatibility Mode, both set manually. Right-click SP59736.exe, click Compatibility Tab, click Change Settings For All Users at bottom, check Compatibility Mode box and select Windows 8 in the drop-down menu, check bottom box to run as Administrator, click Apply, click OK. Double click SP59736, ignore any warnings or errors. Restart PC and see if fixed. If not, repeat the Legacy Hardware steps using the .inf File Path inside the SP59736 Folder if under SWSetup. If no help, try again with Windows 7 compatibility Mode, then Vista. If no help, reverse the Clean Boot steps to undo it. OUgrad
HP Recommended

OUGrad,

Ugh, first off, sure am grateful for screen shots -- I took a screenshot of each "page" of items for both services & start up and saved each JPG as a Powepoint slide show.

I did the Clean Boot procedure as you outlined and kept track of what I un-checked as I said above.  Then I ran SP59736 many times -- plain, as administrator and in troubleshoot compatability mode for windows 8, then 7, XP service pak 3 and then I don't know -- all with the sam unfortunate end state, our less than favorite error dialog box.

It seems to me that in a Galaxy far, far away and a time long ago (with due apologies to Star Wars), there was a way to manually insert the DLL files, drives & INF files into specific directories -- but I may be messed up.

Welcome any furthrer ideas and recommendations

Boomer Sooner!

HP Recommended

OK Al, time to dig deeper - OS Repair time. Right-click Start, click Power Shell Admin. When you see ... system32>_, copy/paste the following command at the underscore and press Enter -  sfc /scannow

It will take about 30 minutes to run. Let me know what it reports at end, like "...no integrity violations" or other. OUgrad

P.S. Be sure to undo Clean Boot.

HP Recommended

OUGrad,

Well I ran the scan (and I un-did the clean boot before hand).  Here's the message I got:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.  Details are included in the CBS.log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.  For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.  Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios

The log file is quite large and I can't figure out how to attach with this forum's editor

Is there something you'd like to search for, extract and send you from that log file

Please let me know

HP Recommended

No worries Al. This should fix without viewing the CBS log.

With Admin Powershell still open, or open again, copy/paste the following commands in order and press enter. The first and last can take 30 minutes each.

(1) DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

(2) DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

(3) DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

If any of the above reports a Problem or a Repair, let me know what it says. If (3) runs to completion with no problems, run this again - sfc /scannow There should be no integrity violations. Finally, click Start, click File Explorer, click This PC, right-click C: drive, click Properties, click Tools, click Check, click Scan drive to make it Scan. If it reports errors fixed, click the more details link and advise what it says. OUgrad

HP Recommended

OUGrad,

Well the first one, ScanHealth, took a while, but reported no errors.  The 2nd one, CheckHealth ran quickly and also reported nothing.  The 3rd one,  RestoreHealth, also took quite a while; it, however, never "finished".  Here's what it reported:

99.6%

Error 080f081f

The source file could not be found.

Use the “Source” option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature.  For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=243077.

The DISM log can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Accordingly, I have not run scannow.

While the DISM log is only 112k, again, I can't figure out how to attach a file with this text editor.

Please let me know if there is something for me to search for and what is next step.

Really appreciate you hanging in there with me and helping! 

HP Recommended
Glad to help Al. I've reported Online DISM errors like this for months to MS and thought they had it fixed, but maybe not. Try (3) above one more time in case your Internet Connection was lost temporarily. If it completes, restart PC before running sfc /scannow. Ignore the DISM Log. The CBS Log is more important. Open it and use Edit, Find to search for the word "cannot". You should find something like "cannot repair member file" as you search from one to the next. Copy and paste three lines, above and below (quite long) where you find cannot, so I can see an example or two. You may find duplications of files that cannot be repaired. We need to find different ones. OUgrad
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.