Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 700-010xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Windows 10 on my 7 year-old HP Envy desktop and the Beats Audio file will not open. Says it's missing shortcut, "Windows is searching for IDTNC64.cpl" and It does find the file then tells me "that this shortcut refers to have been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly" it finds "C:/Program Files/IDT/IDTNC64.cpl" and when I click on "Fix it" I get nothing. I try to reopen Beats Audio and this repeats itself.

This software came with HP, but I cannot get the driver for it because HP no longer supports my model that was built in 2013. I have come across videos that suggest to uninstall the current audio driver and replace it with another file, but I am leery of doing this as if I remove the current driver and the solution doesn't work, I will be left with no audio driver (and I'm assuming, no sound).

Please advise of a proven solution if there is one available. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W10 IDT w/Beats audio driver works for your model.  Restart the PC after installing the driver.

6.10.6504.0     July 03, 2015

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W10 IDT w/Beats audio driver works for your model.  Restart the PC after installing the driver.

6.10.6504.0     July 03, 2015

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul! The driver worked inasmuch as I can now access the Beats Audio app. However, it seems I am only able to adjust the volume in the app while playing an audio file or music video - none of the controls under the "Listening Experience" tab seem to work or respond to input. Any idea why?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know why the Beats Audio app isn't working correctly.

That was the only W10 driver that IDT released to HP.

It was supposed to provide driver support for your PC's model series...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.