Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 23-inch Displays
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 update has wiped my beatsaudio software.  I tried all the solutions on the forums without success.  Drivers for windows 8 as recommended will not install and are aborted part way through.  Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since I don't know what solutions you tried, this is the only driver that has any chance of working for you.

Install and restart the PC. 

If it doesn't work, you will have to roll back to the version of W10 where the audio was working, and leave it there permanently.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since I don't know what solutions you tried, this is the only driver that has any chance of working for you.

Install and restart the PC. 

If it doesn't work, you will have to roll back to the version of W10 where the audio was working, and leave it there permanently.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Using the drive suggested sp71717.exe worked a treat, installing without issue.  Thank you so much!  

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I have a E1P04AV model HP laptop.  Many win 10 updates remove the Beats Audio control panel.

The version noted in this thread doesn't work.  And no, rolling back windows updates isn't an option

HP, please work with the driver supplier and get an update.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Natzure

Why would you reply to a post regarding the desktop version of the IDT audio driver, when you have a notebook?

The desktop IDT audio driver will never work on a notebook, and visa versa.

I looked up the notebook product number you posted, and you need this driver which should work for your model.

6.10.6492.0 Rev.A

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

Now this driver had a quirk when I used it on my HP 350 G1 business-class notebook.

Prior to the W10 v1803 release, I was always able to reinstall the W8.1 IDT audio driver from my notebook's support page without issue.

But this time, 1803 left the W8.1 driver instead of installing a generic one and I had no sound.

The only way I was able to have sound was to use the generic W10 driver that was installed by v1803.

The problem was the audio was much lower than before with the generic W10 driver.

So, I installed sp71886 and had no sound (so I thought).

What this driver did was set the headphones as the default.

I changed the default from headphones to speakers and bingo, I had great sound again.

I do not work for, or represent HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.