daddyzaring229
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Bluetooth audio pairs but doesn't connect to Sound

HP Recommended
HP Envy 700-430qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For some reason I can not get My PCs sound to connect to my bluetooth audio device.  It shows it is paired in windows settings, and on the device, but not in the sound settings.  It will not connect in the sound settings.  I have tried removing, and rrepairing, removing, rebooting, and repairing, I have removed it from the device manager and repaired.  Nothing seems to work.  I feel like there might be a setting somewhere in the sound setting I may be missing, but can't think of or find it.

HP support 1.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,049 21,036 1,278 1,303
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@daddyzaring229

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that you are unable to connect your  HP Envy 700-430qe to your Bluetooth device

I'll try my best to help

Have you tried connecting other Bluetooth devices to your computer? Do they work?

Let's try updating the Bluetooth driver from device manager

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Network Adapters and expand the List
- Look for Bluetooth driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the bluetooth driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Does the Bluetooth Audio device works with other computers?

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
daddyzaring229
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My mouse and keyboard are bluetooth and they are working fine, and it works fine ith my phone.  I have done all of that, and have had no luck.

(ADDED)

I just found and ran the bluetooth troubleshooter and it says something about checking bluetooth radio status?HP support 2.PNG

0 Kudos
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,049 21,036 1,278 1,303
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@daddyzaring229

Check in the Device Manager and ensure the Bluetooth driver is Enabled

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Network Adapters and expand the List
- Look for Bluetooth driver then right-click it, and select Enable if it's Disabled

- If it's already Enabled, then disable it and Re-enable it.

Have you tried connecting other Bluetooth devices to your computer? Do they work?

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
daddyzaring229
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am not seeing anything that just says specifically, "bluetooth driver" but I checked everything listed in the bluetooth, and it is all enabled.HP support 3.PNG

0 Kudos
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 663
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@daddyzaring229

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like you were interacting with @KrazyToad, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 
I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service.

Let's try to remove all the device connected to the PC and then try paring the audio device and check if this works.

Keep me posted, how it goes! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation