Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

The  Bluetooth on my desktop has stopped working? my Phillips headphones will pair and connect but there is no sound? have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but makes no difference! However they pair and connect with my laptop and there is sound!

I purchased a cheap pair just to try and have the same problem! Although I have sound if I use a wired pair of speakers! Very frustrating! Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thanks

John.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

not sure me what Phillips headphones those are .?

but SOUND devices are complex. in old days just 1 sound device is there, just 1. and just works

today vast deviceS, and even 4  like my PC has, or more.  so that mean it gets confused. (NOT MINE)

the onboard sound works   a chip on the mobo  does that to the rear jacks or front connect to that chip 3.mm phones

then you can add USB sound head phones  , OR USB DAC SPEAKER, OR vast things,

or add Bluetooth head phones

or add a DAC box like I run huge amp. (dac in the box usb)

my PCs has them all, but I  use only 1. the DAC (to big amp and all that)

my point is learn to set the output devices correctly in windows.

make sure bluethooth is not dead, and pair the phones first. then, 

cure"?

then in setting and click sound

then on the top of screen output see , choices there and pick your phones BT.

done.

chose output device, if missing BT that means the BT driver is missing or not paired.

yes this is tricky , having lots of sound chips, like mine. 

The BT phones are really a  remote DAC device inside the heads.  (I have USB DAC in a box to a huge amp)

so one can have 4 DACs  , USB, x2 here, and one onboard (mobo)  and one in BT heads.

windows allows you to control them all , I've seen not one problem with mine,

in fact even tricky DAC to speaker works at same times as mic to other DAC,  split and windows just works.

DAC +SOUND DIGITAL TO ANALOG CONVERTER. (aKA SOUND CHIP)

good luck to you, 

Not sure what BT receiver you have , mine is BT generic USB (tiny nail sized)

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.2 M.2

this is yours

and pairs

so setting + output is the answer

unless Device manager shows error here, or on phones,

maybe w10 updates wrecked it, as is common now.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Hi

Yeah maybe windows update destroyed it! Have tried 3 pairs of Bluetooth headphones on my desktop all 3 pair and connect but no sound! On my laptop all 3 pair and connect and play sound! Interestingly I have tried 2 pairs of wired headphones on the desktop which both work perfectly! Strange eh?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.