Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
all-in-one desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

CD fell off tray and nows lies inside my all-in-one desktop.

How do I get it out ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DVL8

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the CD fell off tray & inside the HP all-in-one desktop,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Did you attempt to look for a related HP Forums post to find a solution?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

Although, in your case, since it's an AIO I recommend removing the back panel and you may take the CD out of the computer.

In the future, just keep a close eye while inserting the disc to be on a safer side.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DVL8

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the CD fell off tray & inside the HP all-in-one desktop,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Did you attempt to look for a related HP Forums post to find a solution?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

Although, in your case, since it's an AIO I recommend removing the back panel and you may take the CD out of the computer.

In the future, just keep a close eye while inserting the disc to be on a safer side.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply HP R-D.

Product number is:       L9L08AA#ABL

Yes I did attempt to find a similar problem, but none seemed to relate to an All-In-One, which is what I have.

The related posts under your link, again, seem to refer to the separate CPU rather than the A-I-One.

I will have someone try removing the back panel, and will advise the outcome.

It will be a while before I get a chance, as I have to go out of town for a few weeks.

DVL8

HP Recommended

@DVL8

Thank you for replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.