Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This saga began in January 2019.  My Stepfather who is 84 years old had to buy another desktop computer in January and the computer came with Windows 10.  On his old computer he had a lot of games that were Microsoft 07 or earlier that he liked to play...the old computer had Windows 10, and he also had a lot of old discs to restore that system.    On the day he got the computer I loaded his old games but there were problems which I was going to  attempt to fix. He could not wait, I know that he used the old windows 10 disk and possibly one of his restore discs in his effort to get his games to work. When I went into his system I could see at least two other windows 10 file folders.  There was no sound at all.  It was suggested that I should restore the system to how it was on date of purchase.  I did that.  Still no sound.....I updated the drivers.....still no sound.   I suspected then that maybe his old speakers blew out....bought new ones still no sound.  Went through all of the steps in the HP support topic for sound (i.e. device manager, troubleshooting on the computer etc each and everyone)   I could not run the troubleshooter that is on line on the HP Support site. .   I have been told to do this  because it is still under warranty. and absent that there will be significant costs for him (on a fixed income)    HELP.....I finally got him to load more free games that are Windows 10 compliant  but if he can't play his Solitaire and Texas Poker  and have the sound associated with them he will go mad and drive my Mom mad too. (Estimate of three weeks to be returned)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mba715

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information such as serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.