Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Curved All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The speakers are CONSTANTLY making a clicking sound and the audio skips when clicking noise happens...which is every other second. I have disabled sound drive -- it works but no sound. I then unistalled and reinstalled the driver -- no luck. Most troubleshooting guides say to unplug speakers but I can't they are internal and there is nothing new or additional on this computer.

I have troubleshooted everything that HP suggests and it just keeps ticking...I am being driven mad with this incestant ticking noise -- please help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @101office,

Awesome! I am happy for you that the problem has been identified and steps are being taken ti resolve it. I genuinely hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 😉 If was fabulous working with you and thanks again for the quick response. 🙂

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you here, by keeping your best interest in mind. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now,s stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @101office,

Good Day! 🙂 Welcome to the HP forums! 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂 I understand that you require assistance regarding audio issues of your computer. I will be more than happy to assist you here. 🙂

Superlative analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 It is always a genuine pleasure to work with customers that display great technical competence. You are a privileged HP customer. It is a genuine pleasure to serve you. 🙂

• When did this first occur?
  • Did a windows update or any software update cause this to happen if you could remember?

• It looks like a hardware issue with the speakers or the sound card of the AIO.
  • To isolate the issue correctly, please ensure that you connect an external headset or earphones to the computer’s audio port and check if the clicking noise occurs on these. If it does not then the speakers need to be replaced as they are faulty.
  • Please contact HP phone support to get the speakers replaced.
  • If the clicking noise replicates on the headset, then please uninstall the existing audio driver from device manager.
  • Please also check the box delete the driver software for this device.
  • Then visit this link http://hp.com/drivers and update the bios and audio drivers and check again.

• Otherwise, please backup your data and run the complete system recovery to factory settings from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961 and follow the option “Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly”

• As a last resort, please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced as it could be a faulty sound card on the computer. Phone support link: http://hp.com/contacthp
  • If the unit is under warranty, then the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of repair services.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So I called HP and the whole process was  surprisingly fast and they were quick to find an answer to my problem. It looks like I am getting a replacement as after diagnosis it appears to be a harddrive issue. Now to wait for the replacement to get here.....tick, tick, tick, tick....yes that is what I will be hearing from the computer until the replacement comes, LOL!

HP Recommended

Hi @101office,

Awesome! I am happy for you that the problem has been identified and steps are being taken ti resolve it. I genuinely hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 😉 If was fabulous working with you and thanks again for the quick response. 🙂

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you here, by keeping your best interest in mind. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now,s stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.