Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360 13u101na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all.

I bought my Pavilion x360 few months ago and i noticed some noise coming from the laptop. It didn't bothered me at the moment and i though they come from the ssd.  I said ok, no problem, because i was going to upgrade my ssd anyway.

After i bought and installed a Samsung 850 evo 500 GB ssd m.2, the noise is still there but not that loud.

In a normal enviroment you can't hear it, but when i go to bed, because is very quiet in the room, the noise in there and is bothering me, very anoying.

There is another thread here : 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-x360-Noise/td-p/510739...

but to mention that i can hear the noise in both upper corners of the keyboard, from witch i assumed it comes from the speakers.

The noise is not present if the computer is in bios mode.

I recently uninstalled "intel rapid storage" and downgraded "intel management interface" to driver version 9.5 because my laptop was freezing (but this is another story) and i "heard" a small improvment, but the noise is still there.

Is anybody here with this issue?

Can anyone help me to get rid of this annoying sound?

All the drivers and windows are up to date.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi! @Sorell, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have audio issues with your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

Do you hear the static noise when you plug the headphones into your laptop?

As you mentioned you hear a static noise from your laptop.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Go to Windows Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers section.
In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio. This is the device driver for BeatsAudio (a little bit sneaky, wouldn’t you say?).
Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any music files.)
Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
Select Browse my computer for driver software.
Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video and game controllers section, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead of Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio.
At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.

If the issue still persists try the steps recommended below.

Is the loudness equalization off? If not, please:
Right, click the speaker icon
select 'Playback Devices'. 
Highlight the default device
Click Properties
Click Enhancements tab
Next to 'Loudness Equalization' take out the check mark in the box.
Click Apply
Click OK

If the issue still persists uninstall the audio driver from device manager and install the drivers using HP recovery manager.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using HP recovery manager.

Also, update the drivers on your PC using the HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After all, it looks like the noise is coming from the mother board, not from the speakers. It'a a coil whine noise coming from the area where the processor is located.

At the moment my laptop is with HP engineers and i am waiting for the result.

I will keep you updated

HP Recommended

Hi @Sorell,

Welcome to the Hp support forums. A very good day to you.

I hope the issue gets resolved and the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time.

Please keep us posted about the situation and we are always there to assist you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

so, i received my laptop back. they changed the motherboard and the thermal module but guess what? the noise is still there.

I am soo pissed. i will call them back to send the laptop again. is not normal to pay 700 pounds and get a product that makes this noise.

if is anyone there that has this problem, how was your issue solved?

HP Recommended

Seeing if you've figured out a solution.

This is my 3rd unit and they've all 3 had the same problem.

HP Recommended

I am not an expert but i think the issue is coming from the Intel GPU or CPU, specially is you have Gen 7 processor.

I recently upgraded to Intel Gen 8 CPU and the issue is gone. The laptop is extremely silent and a pleasure to work with.

HP Recommended

OMG

i have the same problem, its very annoying !

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/White-noise/td-p/6...

with new processor the problem is gone ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.