Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario WC934AA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The audio card is not more on the device list, there is not audio output or input

i'm sorry for my english

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@FrancoAgo2

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

The steps in this document describe how to troubleshoot and fix the problem when there is no sound coming from the speakers.

1. Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
  2. Under System and Security, click Find and fix problems.
  3. The Troubleshoot computer problems page opens. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playback.
  4. The Playing audio troubleshooting page displays. Click Next to continue.
  5. Wait while the troubleshooter checks the computer for problems.
  6. Select the audio connection device you want to troubleshoot, such as speakers. Then click Next.
  7. Wait while the troubleshooter detects problems and makes changes.
  8. When the troubleshooter is done, the Troubleshooting has completed page displays listing any problems found and what changes were made to the computer.
NOTE: For detailed information about the troubleshooting, click View detailed information.

Click Close. If the issue persists continue next step

Installing HP support assistant to update system software drivers: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner
,Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the help

i can not do your 6, it not give me no device to choice

when the troubleshooter is done the result is with a exclamation point  (in yellow triangle) "è possibile che non siano state rilevate modifiche hardware" that in english should be "it is possible that hardware changes have not been detected" or something near

HP Recommended

@FrancoAgo2

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

As a workaround, request you open device manager by doing a right-click on the Windows button/menu. 
Expand “Sound, Video and Game controllers” or under “other devices” in Device manager

To find the audio drivers installed on your computer. 

Right-click on the audio drivers listed there and uninstall the Intel high definition audio and Realtek audio drivers listed there. 

Delete the drivers if prompted during the uninstall process.  

Once done, click on View and select Devices by connection on the Device manager.  

Expand ACPI x64 based PC. 

Expand PCI Express Root complex and right-click on Intel Smart Sound technology Audio controller and uninstall the device.  

Make sure to delete the driver if prompted during the uninstall process.  

Once done, click on Action and Scan for hardware changes twice in the device manager.  

Close device manager.  

Open Settings from the Windows menu. 

Click on Update and Security and check for updates to get the new audio driver for your computer.  

  

This should resolve the issue. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can not follow your instructions there are not “Sound, Video and Game controllers” or "other devices" in the Device Manager

HP Recommended

@FrancoAgo2

Thank you for posting back.

System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.

Here is the link to perform a system restore: Click here

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've just reinstalled the system (the 1st february) this is a more heavy of back a restore point (however i've not restore point). the audio card vanished before of the system reinstall, i've hope that with the reinstall i solved it.

imho this is not a window trouble is more a hardware trouble,  

HP Recommended

@FrancoAgo2

Thank you for posting back

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Also, in order to resolve a hardware related issue, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.

Have a nice day ahead.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.