stanley721
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Conexant HD audio driver no bass

HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got this new computer and after hooking everything up, the audio does not output any bass to my subwoofer for my computer speakers. They worked before and I can detect a little sound coming from them but no bass. I've updated drivers, tried reverting back to old drivers, but nothing works. The latest driver update takes away all of my sound. I then go back one update, and it works again. Anyone out there experience this and have a solution? My sound card is a Conexant HD with driver version 8.65.268.0. When I use the driver 8.65.276.53, all of my sound goes away.

5 REPLIES 5
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,438 90,315 11,612 24,902
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@stanley721

There are few generations of Pro Desk 800 which one is yours ? For G1 and G2 machines, they use SAMR  Realtek High Definition Audio driver.

G1:   https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84501-85000/sp84848.exe

G2:   https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84501-85000/sp84848.exe

Please try it

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
stanley721
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mine is an EliteDesk 800 G3 and it has the Conexant HD .

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,438 90,315 11,612 24,902
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@stanley721

Please try  a clean install using the following driver:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88501-89000/sp88584.exe

which is   8.65.276.51 Rev.A

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Lindle_ETE
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We're having the same issue.  Have tried the linked driver, says it failed installing "Cound not find the device for this driver".  

can install the latest driver for this on the HP Support site.  The audio issue remains though, thin/tinny sound, no low end,  Also sounds like it's being compressed.  Is there no fix for this?  We have more than several hundred of the 800 G3 SFF in our environment and am having the issue with all of them.  A driver issue.  A fix would be great!

Thanks,

Lindle

0 Kudos
CGlessner
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there any hope for some of us using thew 850 G5 machines, the Conexant drivers are absolutely terrible, sounds like I am playing thru a set of the worst speakers in the world instead of my Bose speakers (which perform great on my old PC). I've tried the Generic WIndows HD drivers with no luck (speakers were not recognized upon reboot). 

I'm an HP fan, but this is inexcuseable on such a high end machine......

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation