Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One 27-R085nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've just purchased an all in one PC (HP Pavilion All-in-One 27-R085nd) and want change my audio from the internal speakers to a external PC speaker set, still to be bought. I understand my only audio output is the headphone-out/mice-in at the bottom of my all in one (screen).

What set of external speakers can I buy and how to 'connect'.

- I already tried a (wireless) bluetooth speaker, but that is not recognized by the PC.

- I see some wired speaker sets with 3.5 mm jack, but I don't know whether my headphone-out connection can be used for external speakers?

- I also see there are usb wired speakers available; Is the HP Pavilion All-in-One 27-R085nd being able to use external speakerset via usb?

I cannot find any solution for my 'problem'on the internet nor on this HP forum (yet).

Krid

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Your heaephone out can be used for external speakers.

Follow these step-by-step instructions to attach speakers to your computer

Step 1: Ensure that the computer is turned off.

Step 2: Plug the speakers into the power socket.

Step 3: Locate the 3.5mm jack connected to the cable at the back of the speakers. You’ll use this plug to attach them to your computer tower.

Step 4: On the back of the computer tower are a number of small, round, coloured-coded sockets. The one to plug your speakers into is usually green. It may also be marked with a headphones symbol or be labelled ‘Audio out’.

Push the jack into this socket firmly to get a good connection. But don’t continue pushing if you meet any resistance – the socket is attached to the sound card on the computer’s mother board, and if you push too hard, you could damage it.

Step 5: In some speaker set-ups, there’s an additional ‘subwoofer’, a larger third speaker that provides bass sounds. Before plugging this in, find out if your sound card can support multiple speakers. If it does, follow the colour coding on the back of the tower as you connect the jacks – plug the green jack into the green socket, the black jack into the black socket and so on.

Step 6: Turn on your computer and speakers and adjust the volume control. Your computer is probably set to play a small tune when it’s turned on. If you now hear it, you’ll know that the speakers are on and working. But don’t worry if you don’t hear it.

Step 7: The computer should recognise the addition of speakers to your system and will respond accordingly. Possibly it will say ‘New driver detected’ and run through a short set-up process. You’ll need to click ‘Yes’ to allow it to make the appropriate changes.

Step 8: To test that your speakers are working, play something you know has a soundtrack. Pop a CD or DVD in the DVD drive or watch a clip on YouTube. You may also notice that sounds now occur when simple functions are carried out – for example, a noise when you click a button or open a window or when an email arrives.

Thumb up if work 👍👍
HP Recommended

Sorry, your option(s) are unappropriate: There's no audio output at all! It is a "All-In-Obne" PC: just a screen (PC build in). I'd prefer the 5.1 audio system you decribed; however there's only a bluetooth connection possible! There's no 3.1 ort 5.1 sysrtem for bluetooth. I just found me a JBL Extreme (stereo) speaker.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.