Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

DL585 G5 Sound card suggestions?

HP Recommended
DL585 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a leftover HP Dl585 g5 I'm building into a 3d mill controller and gaming machine for a kid that helped me with a bunch of XW9400's we gave away --

here's the problem: I've been through 3 sound cards so far - all with 3 sets of outputs but unfortunately all 3 have that surround crap built in and the best i can get is 2 pairs of full range outputs and some center channel/sub channel that wont go full range - Kid has 3 amps and all have full range speakers

so far i've tried a soundblaster Audigy Rx, a soundblaster audigy Fx and an ancient soundblaster X-Fi titanium and all have the same obstacle....  I dont want to run 3 cards like I do in my own because I'v also given him an Nvidia Tesla C2070 backed by a Tesla M2090,  Nvidia capture accessory and a pcie wifi card  so slots are at a premium and i'm gonna suck up one for his milling machines card

So my question is this : is there a sound card that will give me 3 sets of full range outputs ?

Or is there an ourt of regs driver for any of the 3 I've already got that will meet the same goal?

2 REPLIES 2
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,426 119,603 19,542 29,867
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may also want to post your question on the HPE Community Support Forum -- DL Servers section...

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/bd-p/itrc-264#.WwWU2GaWzGg

dawino6260
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i didn't want to bother them guys (and gals0 - It's more of a sound card issue than a server issue

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation