25 18 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

DVDs Play with Very Inconsistent Volume

HP Recommended
hp p6710f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Thank you for taking a look.
Need to know how to create DVDs that will play all burned segments at the same volume.

Windows 7 64 bit on HP p6710f desktop. 

Using Any Video Converter ( AVC ) version 6.3.1.

Copying video from YouTube, converting to NTSC video, and attempting to burn to DVD on DVD-R discs. When produced, the content plays with wild inconsistency.

Some vids play normally. Others are incredibly loud, or incredibly soft.
Many produce a loud strange buzzing sound that I associate with a cheap speaker turned up too loud. 

Note that the video plays Normally INSIDE of Youtube, but the DVD creates a loud Buzz.

I've tried contacting AVC support, but they are extremely slow to respond. 
The files that are malfunctioning are too large to attach to my email, even when zipped. 

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling AVC. 

I have tried playing the burned DVDs on both a stand alone DVD player and television, and on the DVD player and Windows Media Player 12. Both result in this distortion. 

I have tried many different Audio settings both when downloading and when burning, nothing helps. Currently settings under Tools>Audio are Audio Volume>Volume Control: set at 0 db. (trying to change this does nothing to change the audio ).

I have selected Volume Normalize. (whether on or off, this will not work.
AAC parameters: MPEG TYPE: MPEG-2, Object Type: Main, MPD parameters: Encode: CBR, VBR Quality: 4-Middle, MPD Volume: Default, Audio Quality: 0-Best.
Nothing I do will change any of the bad results.

Specific videos that "buzz" and are too loud:
All from YouTube:

The Hidden War over Grocery Shelf
The hidden war over grocery shelf space - YouTube

The 2008 Financial Crisis
The 2008 Financial Crisis: Crash Course Economics #12 - YouTube

This file BLASTS on too loud when played on burned DVD:
Bruce Willis in Moonlighting-Big Man On Mulberry Street-Maddie s Dream(dance-scenes) - YouTube

This next file Tends to be Okay, not great but not buzzy:
History of Ideas Capitalism
HISTORY OF IDEAS - Capitalism - YouTube

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation