MelanieR77
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Desktop starts making loud beeps

HP Recommended
All-in-One PC model 22-b016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This desktop is just turn one year old. For the past couple days, while it is turned on but not in use, it starts emitting loud beeps. It's very loud and scares the #%&@ out of my autistic granddaughter. While it is beeping, the screen remains black and the only way to stop it is to shut the computer off. We have to turn it off with the power button since the screen is black.

I'm at a loss as to what's causing this but need it resolved soon. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,647 24,299 2,836 10,376
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MelanieR77, welcome to the forum.

Let's see if we can quiet that noisy computer for you to protect your granddaughter.

Do the beeps that are coming from the computer have a pattern to them, such as, one long and one short beep and pause and repeat?  These would be BIOS error codes that are telling you that a component has failed.  If not, can you tell where the sound is originating?

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation