3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

EXTREMELY URGENT - MICROPHONE NOT WORKING

HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-In-One 27-b2xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PLEASE HELP!

I am working from home for the NHS taking calls and my microphone is not working. I have tried 5 different microphones that work in other devices such as a Lenovo laptop. I have updated all the drivers and systems necessary. I have followed all the troubleshooting on HP support assistant and ran the audio check too. The microphone on the settings says the audio is muted but is not allowing an option to be unmuted. Can someone please help asap?! 

2 REPLIES 2
Andyhal3
Level 1
7 5 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there

I have the same problem and still waiting for support to resolve the issue.

The problem is the pop up webcam on the top of the screen, if it is opened ie popped up, the external microphone will work, when it is popped down it disables all the microphones, built in and external.

Hope this is of help until we get an response from support.

Regards

Andy

0 Kudos
Ellie3898
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hiya, 

I think it must be a common issue with this PC.

I have just checked to see if my computer is the same as the microphone and the camera and I believe it is too. I hoped to call HP today but as it is a Bank Holiday here in the UK I was unable to get through. 

This was of help, hopefully, HP will respond to the both of us quickly!

Regards,

Ellie

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation