01-13-2017 05:50 AM
Attemping to use the audio from the Envy 23 Monitor with beats audio. I know there are no internal speakers. I have connected my speakers through the audio jack, set the audio to use the set audio to HP Envy 23-4 (Nvidia High Def Audio), it shows it is getting sound but no sound is actually coming out of the speakers. When I hook up the speakers to my sound card on my computer, everything is fine, but I am wanting to use the monitor's audio.
Product number: E1K96AA
01-14-2017 08:51 AM - edited 01-14-2017 09:22 AM
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! A very good day to you. Hope you are doing great I reviewed the post about using beats audio on your monitor. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.
Brilliant effort and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Great Job! You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.
Please perform these steps for starters.
The monitor as you know has no speakers.
- Please try the HDMI ports and check if there is audio from the speakers of the computer.
- Please download the "my display utility" based on the operating system of the computer, here is the link: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-23-inch-Displays/7274708/model/5377773
- Use that to configure the computer. This is done to ensure that the HDMI output gets displayed also.
- I will also include the user guide for this monitor that will help you a great deal. Please look that up. Link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03986509
- To isolate the issue to not being hardware related, also try the monitor on a different computer and check.
- Product specifications link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-23-inch-Displays/7274708/model/5377773/document/c0398071...
- Please try a different audio cable.
- Also, please try the beats audio port by connecting your headset to it. It is the headset only. Please check the product specifications.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee