09-06-2019 08:28 AM - edited 09-06-2019 09:43 AM
My laptop won't play video or audio from any source, on or offline, after it's been running for a short period of time. When I restart the computer, it will play audio and video until I turn the computer off or let it go to sleep. The next time I try to play anything, the problem reoccurs and I have to restart the laptop again for the audio and video to work, then all over again.
I don't recall the last time it worked with no issues. Trying to use earbuds or external speakers doesn't work. I don't want to do a system restore. I've run a hardware test, it said everything was working fine. I've ran troubleshoots, it detects a problem and says audio isn't responding, but doesn't know what the problem is or how to fix it. I've updated my drivers, is there anything else I can do?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-09-2019 09:36 PM
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.(Non-removable battery)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next, uninstall Audio inputs and Outputs from the device manager.
- Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand the entry. Right-click the Audio inputs and Outputs and select Uninstall device.
- You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.
- Reboot the computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
09-10-2019 04:41 PM
First, thank you for taking the time to help me out! Even if it's left unresolved, I very much appreciate your efforts.
It was so long ago that I don't even remember if it was after a window or software update, but my laptop has updated since it started.
I will try the hard reset and let you know as soon as I do if it's worked.
Thank you again!