mcg916
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

External BT Speakers connect to HP Prodesk but won't play music

HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 600 G5 Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Prodesk connects with my BT Speakers without a problem however I can't get any music to play out of them.

Under the sound settings there is no option to choose another type speaker,  the default speaker (Synaptics Hd Audio)  is the one that is displayed.

I have been looking online for information to fix the problem and tried a few thing but so far nothing has worked.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,592 90,469 11,638 24,938
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mcg916 wrote:

.  .. Under the sound settings there is no option to choose another type speaker,  the default speaker (Synaptics Hd Audio)  is the one that is displayed. ...

@mcg916 

Please install its driver. It should appear on Output devices

sound out.png

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
mcg916
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks BH for your help,

My bluetooth speakers are LG model:ND5630, I found this info on another forum and it fixed the problem for me. It looks like lots of others have had the same issue but it seems to be a LG v MS thing.

This is what I did: 

Remove the device. Open Command Prompt as admin.

Run this command :

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT /v DisableAbsoluteVolume /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Add the device again and now you can play.

This is a link to the forum with the whole thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-bluetooth-to-lg-s...

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation