Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

Have been using this device for 2 years or something now, and never really needed to use an external microphone. But, recently, I connected a 3.5mm audio jack to the Combo Jack provided in the device, and the Output seems to be working correctly, but the Input (ie, the external microphone) doesn't seem to respond. It displays in the Sound Settings that there is an External Microphone connected, but no sound input is detected. I've tried like 12 different external microphones but, in vain. In each of those 12 headphones, the Output isn't an issue, just the input (microphone) isn't working.  Also, I've made sure that those microphones work just fine in other devices. Should I, like, use a 3.5mm to 6.35mm adaptor? Will that work?

Kindly Help.

~Murasaki

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi there

I have the same problem and still waiting for support to resolve the issue.

The problem is the pop up webcam on the top of the screen, if it is opened ie popped up, the external microphone will work, when it is popped down it disables all the microphones, built in and external.

Hope this is of help until we get an response from support.

Regards

Andy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.