Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-in-One-24-r0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
The primary use of my computer is as a TV in the kitchen. 

When switching over to HDMI, the volume _ALWAYS_ comes on at 100. There is no way to control the volume other than going to the keyboard, pressing ENTER to get to the HDMI video/audio controls, then arrow-down to volume, then left-right arrow to set the volume. This doesn't persist and has to be done every time.
In few times, the volume controls on the keyboard controled the volume over HDMI, but usually it doesn't.

My questions are:

1. Is there an option to save the last configured volume of HDMI instead of returning to 100?

2. Is there a permanent option to control the volume through the keyboard while in HDMI input?

3. Is there an option to setup an IR remote to control the volume while in HDMI?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sagi22

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that you're experiencing Audio max out issue while switching to HDMI mode,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you checked in the audio settings area of your TV whether there is an Auto Volume adjustment option, 
  • When was the last time it worked fine?
  •  Have you made any hardware/software changes?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Go to Windows Device Manager >Sound, video, and game controllers section.

•  In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek High Definition Audio.
  • Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any audio files.)
  • Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
  • Select Browse my computer for driver software.
  • Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
  • In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
  • At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
  • In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video, and game controllers section, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead of Realtek High Definition Audio.

At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks a lot for you support. I tried your suggestion but the audio in HDMI input stopped working completely. When I updated the lastest Realtek High Definition Audio driver the audio returned and it looked like the volume saving is working properly.

But, I have other questions:

1. Is there an option to control the volume through the volume buttons in the keyboard while in HDMI input (this also used to work for me several times but no longer)?  

2. Is there an option to connect remote controler to the TV and control the video input and/or volume?

Meanwhile, here are the answers to your previous questions:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update? - No
  • Have you checked in the audio settings area of your TV whether there is an Auto Volume adjustment option, -  could not find this setting.
  • When was the last time it worked fine? - ~2 months ago.
  •  Have you made any hardware/software changes? - no. even when it worked, it didn't work all the time.

Thanks, Sagi

HP Recommended

@Sagi22

Thank you for posting back. 

Glad to hear that the volume saving is working, 

To get the answer to this question, You can use the keyboard function keys to control the master volume. 

Also, you can use the Media Center Remote App to control the computer functions remotely, 

Here is a link to know how Media center works with HP remote. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.