Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jzb4gn
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 27 Curved sound not working

HP Recommended

So how can I ask the question again, so that I get the answer  ...  In your reply you copied a section from the users manual that states "NOTE: When a device is connected to a headphone jack, the speakers are disabled."  

That makes me believe there are indeed speakers in the monitor.   But as in all assumptions, I'm trying to get clairification on this.   BECAUSE ... with nothing attached to the headphone jack, the Speaker DO NOT WORK in the Monitor.    When I turn the monitor upside down it appears that their is two vented areas that presumably the speakers are located, but I can't see them.    I am trying to ascertain whether or not this monitor is defective, as the speakers are not working right out of the box.   Please note once again, that if I do plug speakers or headphones into the headphone jack on the monitor I do get sound through both those device, so an audio signal is reaching the monitor, however when I disconnect them from the headphone jack port that according to your "NOTE" above, should enable the monitors on board speakers.   However that is NOT the case as I get No Sound.   Can I conclude by this, that the Monitor has a hardware problem? 

1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jzb4gn,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. I reviewed the post regarding assistance audio issues with the monitor. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require information regarding this:

• Did you try connecting the monitor to a different Windows-based machine and check if it works?
  • Please provide the complete product# and model# of the monitor to assist you correctly?
  • Did you update the audio drivers for your computer and check if the issue gets fixed?

For now, let me keep you posted about a few things:

• The product specifications link: https://hp.care/2Gu979i speaks about 1 Audio Output. It does not speak about speakers if this is the same monitor that we are referring to.
  • Please connect the monitor to a different Windows-based machine if possible and check if there is sound from the Monitor.
  • Connect a different headset also and check if audio is heard.
  • The user guide: https://hp.care/2plwRSJ also speaks about connecting audio headsets or external speakers to the monitor and does not refer to the monitor having speakers.
  • Nevertheless, it could still have speakers going by the vents that you describe.
  • So please delete the audio drivers from device manager on your computer and reinstall the latest version of the audio drivers from the manufacturer’s website depending on the computer brand that you are using.
  • This might fix the issue.
  • Also, send a clear image of the vents that you are speaking about if required please use good lighting to capture this image and a flashlight also.
  • That way we might be able to establish if the monitor came with built-in speakers or not.
  • For further assistance please perform all the relevant steps from this link: https://hp.care/2Gs8FIS (HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers) that best describes your current situation.

Although the steps are for an older version of Windows, they should be relevant for the current version even if you have Windows 10 installed on the computer.

Yes to reiterate things here, if the headset is connected to the audio port of the monitor then the internal monitor speakers need to be disabled if the monitor has internal speakers.

Good luck and keep me posted. I wish you well and will keep a watch for your response.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation